Each year we take time out in November to remember all the ways we have been blessed throughout the past year. As we plan our “feast of thanksgiving”, and we remember how enriched our lives are, we also need to remember that there are those in our FCA community who may say “thanks” but don’t have the means to prepare a big meal in celebration.
Join the FCA PTO & Girl Scout Troop 3856 again this year as we provide Thanksgiving meals for those in our school community that are in need. We are hosting a food drive to provide meals for over 50 FCA families Any remaining items collected, above our need for FCA families, will be donated to the Salvation Army.
Here is how it works:
- Fill a basket with ALL of the items below and return the basket to the school:
- $20 gift card to any BeThankfulgrocery store for a turkey, pies or fresh foods
- 2 boxes of mashed potatoes
- 3 boxes of stuffing
- 2 boxes of corn bread
- 1 box of brownies
- 1 jar of turkey gravy
- 4 cans of green beans
- 4 cans of corn
- 1 can of fruit
- Feel free to add a short note of encouragement to show your support of FCA families
- Provide a CASH Donation to help us purchase any of the items above, including a complete meal basket
- Provide any of the items above
Please sign-up to give specific items or cash/gift card donations.
ALL DONATED FOOD ITEMS WILL NEED TO BE AT THE SCHOOL NO LATER THAN FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 11th!
Drop off areas:
- The Grammar Office
- The Middle Office
- The Upper Office
- In the afternoon carline
- Tuesday, November 8th
- Thursday, November 10th
In addition, you, your child, or your family, can sign-up to volunteer to serve Thanksgiving Dinner provided by the Salvation Army to those in need on Thanksgiving Day!
Dinner will be served at
First United Methodist Church
907 West Main Street, Lewisville